Motosharing is becoming increasingly popular in cities, providing a fast, convenient and economical mobility solution that allows citizens to travel when they need it and pay for it alone. In addition, it is becoming increasingly common for this mobility service to become totally ecological, without any type of waste emission, which in addition to providing mobility solutions to people, generates benefits for cities and their climate.
The time has now come for the city of Zurich, where the Mobility brand has installed 200 Silence scooters to offer shared sustainable transport. In this case, this motosharing service is integrated with the city’s public transport, which allows access to payment and service with the same card as the train, metro or bus, for example.
How does motosharing work?
In the Mobility application, you can easily locate and book scooters in your area immediately. These bikes are suitable for two people, and inside the box they carry on the back, there are two helmets, size M and L.
- Find the nearest scooter in your area. Reservations through the app with the rate that best suits you.
- Unlock the scooter with the Mobility-Card or via the app at the control point just under the seat.
- In the top box you will find two helmets and the disposable hygienic hoods.
- Turn the scooter on by holding down the MODE button for 2-3 seconds and it is ready to operate.
- To end the rental, press the “End rental” button in the mobile application and the rate will stop counting and the motorcycle will be blocked again.
How can I access to the information of this service?
The connectivity implemented in the fleet has been created and developed by the Silence R&D team, together with the leading telecommunications company Omoove (from Octo Telematics), to provide a complete service through a customized platform, which provides all the information about the user, the geolocation of the vehicle, the saving of CO2 emissions, the payment for use and the state of charge of the battery of each scooter, among other things.
Instantly, the company receives all the data from the motosharing and can efficiently manage the fleet.